Super Bowl TV and soundbar deals aren’t always the newest TVs on the market. Usually, retailers discount models that are going on a year old. This year is different. Due to the pandemic, many TV makers delayed their 2020 models, which means we’re just starting to see the first deals on them.
Whether you’re into it for the commercials or are a diehard Buccaneer or Chief, here are the best deals to snag before the whistle blows. This is one of the best times to get a new TV until close to Thanksgiving.
- ★ Top Pick—Vizio OLED (55-inch) for $1,000 ($300 off): I was astonished with this Vizio OLED (9/10, WIRED Recommends) at its standard price, but now that it is once again below $1,000, I’d say this is easily the best TV you can get for the money. With extremely dark black levels and gorgeous highlights, it is among the best possible ways to watch anything—football or otherwise. The 65-inch model is also on sale for $500 off.
- Hisense H8 Quantum (55-inch) for $479 ($50 off): Good, cheap TVs are getting increasingly easy to come by, and the best deal right now is on this great 55-inch model from Hisense. It’s not the flashiest TV ever, but with Android TV, Alexa compatibility, and quantum dot technology, it will still be an awesome way to watch the game.
- LG NanoCell 80 Series (75-inch) for $997 ($300 off): You’re not going to be able to go to your buddy’s house to watch their big screen for a while, so you might as well get a massive one of your own. This 75-inch LG model is the best deal right now, with AirPlay for streaming from iOS, the company’s excellent NanoCell screen technology, and its point-and-click magic remote (like a Nintendo Wii Remote for TVs) in tow.
- LG CX OLED (55-inch) for $1,350 ($150 off): Vizio’s OLED offers the best bang for your buck, but if you just want the best picture, period, check out LG’s CX OLED (8/10, WIRED Recommends). It’s slightly discounted and is easily among the best-looking models I’ve ever seen. It also works great with next-gen consoles like the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, thanks to HDMI 2.1 ports that can handle 4K at up to 120 frames per second.
- Samsung TU-8000 (55-inch) and HW-T650 Soundbar for $796 ($154 off): If you want to overhaul your entire viewing situation, check out this bundle from Samsung, which includes a totally serviceable (not our favorite, but good!) 4K TV alongside a soundbar and wireless subwoofer. Just plug them in and watch ’em play.
- Samsung Q70T (55-inch) for $798 ($202 off): If you are willing to spend a bit more than you would for the Hisense model above, check out this TV from Samsung, which has better processing and backlighting for better picture, and has Alexa built in, which makes finding apps (or the time of upcoming games) a breeze.
Soundbar and Sub Deals